Ms. Ingraham has taught in a wide variety of teaching environments in both academia and in privately organized workshops since 1972. She acted as Visiting Assistant Professor at Stephens College and Bowdoin College and instructor at Brooklyn College, Maine College of Art, The International School of Painting, Drawing, Sculpture and Hyde School. Many of her students have emerged successful in their careers by developing businesses, gaining gallery representation, being awarded scholarship for study and entrance into undergraduate and graduate programs.
MENTORING FOR THE ARTIST©
Ms. Ingraham offers private consultation to artists and designers wanting to hone their skills, and augment their visual awareness. Private coaching within the artist’s space includes:
* Teaching originally designed approach to color theory in paint, It’s on the Palette: Color, Painting, Language ©™
* Reviews based on identifying strengths and guidance in carrying out goal-oriented strategies for further investigation
* Suggesting skill-based exercises to open paths of perception
* Suggestions for improving the artist’s existing studio space
PRIVATE ATELIER PROGRAMS, FOUR CENTRE STREET, BATH, ME
Ingraham has developed her own teaching approach, It’s on the Palette©™ for the painter who wants a practical guide in learning color theory and in paint. She teaches the language of color and painting processes while guiding the student in his or her study of Master Paintings. The process of building an oil painting is investigated with attention paid to paint application, surface and composition. Please contact the artist for more information and appointments.
TINA INGRAHAM FOUR DAY PLEIN AIR PAINTING WORKSHOP 2017
SEPTEMBER 17TH – 22ND 2017
AT: THE HIGH TIDE INN ON THE OCEAN
Gather with other painters on this beautifully situated ocean inn between Camden, Lincolnville and Camden Hills State Park, Maine. Enjoy home-baked popovers by owner Jo Freilich each morning, delight in Camden’s cuisine and paint your heart out for four full days with friends and painters from all over the country. Please contact the owner Jo Frielich for room reservations at the High Tide Inn on the Ocean: 207-236-3724 or email@example.com.
Wine and Cheese Reception: September 17 at 5:00 PM
Check Out: September 22 at 11:00 AM
Contact the artist for detailed information about the workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to “contact artist” on this website. During the months of June, July, and August, the artist will be painting in regions in and out of cell phone service. Please contact Ingraham through emails or call Jo Frielich at 207-238-3724.
SOME TOPICS OF LEARNING
• “The Alla Prima Process”: An evolution of gauging time, light, passion and recognition of resolution
• “Staying in the Moment”: Building a dialogue with your painting
• “Aerial Perspective”: Depicting three spatial dimensions on your canvas
• “Perceiving Green in Landscape”: Translating the nuances of green into paint
• “The Cast Shadow”: Its descriptive role
• “Mixing Paint”: Palette organization and paint viscosity
• “Canvas Surface and Paint Application”