Ms. Ingraham has taught in a wide variety of teaching environments in both academia and in privately organized workshops since 1972. She acted as Visiting Assistant Professor at Stephens College and Bowdoin College and instructor at Brooklyn College, Maine College of Art, The International School of Painting, Drawing, Sculpture and Hyde School. Many of her students have emerged successful in their careers by developing businesses, gaining gallery representation, being awarded scholarship for study and entrance into undergraduate and graduate programs.
MENTORING FOR THE ARTIST©
Ms. Ingraham offers private consultation to artists and designers wanting to hone their skills, and augment their visual awareness. Private coaching includes:
* Teaching originally designed approach to color theory in paint, It’s on the Palette: Color, Painting, Language ©™
* Reviews based on identifying strengths and guidance in carrying out goal-oriented strategies for further investigation
* Suggesting skill-based exercises to open paths of perception
* Guidance in grant and proposal writing
* Suggestions for improving an existing studio space
ATELIER PROGRAMS, FOUR CENTRE STREET, BATH, ME
Ingraham has developed her own teaching approach, It’s on the Palette©™ for the painter who wants a practical guide in learning color theory and in paint. She teaches the language of color and painting processes while guiding the student in his or her study of Master Paintings. The process of building an oil painting is investigated with attention paid to paint application, surface and composition.. Please contact the artist for more information and appointments.
TINA INGRAHAM PLEIN AIR PAINTING WORKSHOPS Fall 2017
TINA INGRAHAM EN PLEIN AIR PAINTING WORKSHOP
AT: THE HIGH TIDE INN ON THE OCEAN
Gather with other painters on this beautifully situated Ocean Inn between Camden, Lincolnville and Camden Hills State Park, Maine. Enjoy home-baked popovers by owner Jo Freilich each morning, delight in Camden’s cuisine and paint your heart out for four full days with friends and painters from all over the country.
Arrival on the Workshop:September 10-15 closing at Noon
Contact the artist for detailed information. Go to “contact artist” on the website.
SOME TOPICS OF LEARNING
• “The Alla Prima Process”: An evolution of gauging time, light, passion and recognition of resolution
• “Staying in the Moment”: Building a dialogue with your painting
• “Aerial Perspective”: Depicting three spatial dimensions on your canvas
• “Perceiving Green in Landscape”: Translating the nuances of green into paint
• “The Cast Shadow”: Its descriptive role
• “Mixing Paint”: Palette organization and paint viscosity
• “Canvas Surface and Paint Application”